The Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering established in the year 2003 offers four year Under Graduate program in Electronics and Communication Engineering. The faculty of the department practice innovative methods in the Teaching-Learning-Process (T-L-P) that leads to effective implementation of Outcomes-Based-Education (OBE). The strength of the department is the Human Resource: Dedicated faculty, necessary technical staff and enthusiastic students. The curriculum takes the student through effective usage of Modern Engineering Tools like: Matlab, Multisim, Xilinx, Mentor Graphics, Code-Composer-Studio, Qualnet and HFSS simulation tools. The department has strong interactions with relevant industries, and their contribution is reflected in through guidance in curriculum design, organization of industrial visits, conduction of expert lectures, organization of workshops, and joint Research
All faculty actively pursue research in core-domain and in the domain of Engineering Education. Research carried out in the department has resulted in total of 264 publications, 164 International Conference publications,32 National Conference publications). The In-House Real Time Projects carried out by the students in the department under the guidance of Eminent Senior Professors
The department prepares the graduating engineers so that they are able to pursue a successful professional career. The quality of the graduating students is reflected in good on-campus/off-campus recruitments. A significant number of our graduates pursue higher education in Engineering/ Management in prestigious Universities in India and outside India.
- The main objectives of the Department are:
- To produce graduates that are prepared for successful career in the areas associated with Electronics, Designing of Electronic and Communication Systems, and Microprocessors & Microcontroller based system designing;
- To enable the students to apply their acquired knowledge in basic sciences & mathematics in solving Electronics & Communication Engineering problems;
- To produce graduates that understand the overall human context in which electronics and Communication Technology activities take place;
- To develop the basic skills needed to perform and design experimental Projects. Programme develops the ability to formulate problems and projects and to plan a process for solution taking advantage of diverse technical knowledge and skills;
- To produce graduates who advance their careers and continue their professional development with effective communication skills, economic, environmental and social context;
- To develop the ability to organize and present information and to write and speak effective English;
- To provide sufficient breadth and depth for successful subsequent graduate study, post graduate study or lifelong learning programmes;
- To produce graduates that are lifelong learners who have commitment to service within the society;
- The ECE department has been assessed and found to be in accordance with the requirements of quality standards ISO 9001 – 2008 for all the courses being offered.
- It is Accredited by IAO, USA (International Accreditation Organization).
- Gold medals and Cash awards are given for the toppers in each class every year.
- Library with a compilation of 31,000 Volumes of books, 3,000 Titles & more than 3,000 reference books is available.
- Digital library through NPTEL and access to IEEE journals is provided.
- Technical workshops & seminars are being conducted regularly to give extra inputs to the students.
- Organizing a National level technical symposium is a regular feature.
- Faculty is being deputed to various training programmes offered by University, NIT and other colleges and industries.
- Commendable performance – career outputs of students in terms of distinctions and First Classes is a regular phenomenon.
- More than 75% faculty of the ECE dept., are ratified by the affiliating university (JNTUH).
- The Department Organizes remedial classes to academically weak students/socially deprived and sub creamy layer to make them better employable.
- Excellent placement record of ECE students in MNCs.
- The Department regularly organizes workshops, invites Scientists and Engineers from Industry and Academia, target audience are PG & UG Students and Faculty.
The Department of ECE is sprawling over a vast expanse of 2400 sq.m in the first floor of Aryabhatta Block with excellent state-of-the-art Laboratory facilities, well-assorted classrooms, seminar hall with LCD, OHP and latest audio-visual facilities.
List of the Reputed Companies in which our students are placed:
- WIPRO TECHNOLOGIES
- COGNIZANT TECHNOLOGIES
- NINE TECHNOLOGIES
- TATA ELXSI
- SYNTEL TECHNOLOGIES
- To develop the Department into a full-fledged centre of learning in the area of Electronics & Communication Engineering through continuous improvement in teaching and learning process.
- To foster conscience, proficiency and competency among the students in pursuit of excellence in the field of Electronics & Communication Engineering
- strong domain knowledge, hones contemporary skillsTo create competent professionals who are trained in the design, implementation of Electronics and communication systems and to have a successful career either in industry or in higher education in India or abroad.
- Imparting technical education that encourages independent thinking, develops and provide attitude towards holistic growth of young minds.