The 4 year undergraduate B.Tech program in Computer Science and Engineering stresses on the fundamental concepts of Computer Science Engineering and stands as a cornerstone in the field of engineering. This field that emerged some years ago is a promising field of engineering, research and development. The department aims to provide solid foundation for understanding the changing roles of computers in the society and encourage students to apply their knowledge in solving a variety of problems through laboratory and project work. The program enables students to develop greater interdisciplinary expertise, which will better equip them for jobs demanding these skills in the workplace.
The department is equipped with 7 computer labs with DELL Hi- End servers and 300 operational nodes of HP & HCL which are designed with structured cabling in tune with the cyber age revolution to support the teaching activities. The center provides internet connectivity through broadband at 100Mbps offered by Velocity Network. A slew of latest software and packages to equip the students to meet the challenges in the vibrant and constantly changing field is one of the advantages of this department.
- To develop the Department into a full-fledged centre of learning in the area of Computer Science & Information Technology through continuous improvement in teaching and learning process.
- To foster conscience, proficiency and competency among the students in pursuit of excellence in the field of Computer Science & Engineering.
- To make the students acquire knowledge, ability and skill in the fields of Databases, Network Security, JAVA, Web Technologies, UNIX Programming, Language Processors, Software Testing etc, to have a successful career either in industry or in higher education in India or abroad.
Program Educational Objectives (PEOs)
Computer Science & Engineering program objectives can be broadly defined on three categories as below.
PEO-1: Preparation: The graduates will use the concrete foundation of basic sciences, mathematics and Computer Science to fit into any industry or pursue higher studies.
PEO-2: Core competence: The graduates will be able to apply their acquired skills for designing and implementation of technology in the field of Computer Science.
PEO-3 Professionalism: The graduates will advance in their careers and continue their professional development with effective communication skills and team work.
Program Outcomes (POs)
The student will demonstrate an ability to communicate effectively in all forms.
- The student will demonstrate an ability to work in teams to accomplish common Goal.
- The student will demonstrate basic theoretical concepts.
- The student will demonstrate an ability to use tools, which are frequently used in the Industry.
- The student will demonstrate an ability to apply mathematics in various computing and data processing applications.
- The student will develop applications from inception to implementation.
- The student will demonstrate an ability to analyze and develop real life applications in different domains.
- The student will develop confidence in self-learning and lifelong learning.
- The student will demonstrate an ability to achieve campus placement.
- The student will demonstrate an ability to move to higher studies either in India or abroad.
- The student will demonstrate Knowledge of professional and ethical responsibilities.
Program Specific Outcomes (PSOs)
At the end of the program, the student: A graduate of the Computer Science and Engineering Program will demonstrate:
PSO1: Professional Skills: The ability to understand, analyze and develop computer programs in the areas related to algorithms, system software, multimedia, web design, big data analytics, and networking for efficient design of computer-based systems of varying complexity.
PSO2: Problem-Solving Skills: The ability to apply standard practices and strategies in software project development using open-ended programming environments to deliver a quality product for business success.
PSO3: Successful Career and Entrepreneurship: The ability to employ modern computer languages, environments, and platforms in creating innovative career paths to be an entrepreneur, and a zest for higher studies.
CSE Department is equipped with the following laboratories
Data Structures Lab
C++ Programming Lab
IT Workshop Lab
Operating Systems Lab
Database Management Systems Lab
Java Programming Lab
Software Engineering Lab
Computer Networks & Web Technologies Lab
Machine Learning Lab
Compiler Design Lab
Software Testing Methodologies Lab
Data Mining Lab
Python Programming Lab