Library & Information Science
The College Library has 61690 Volumes 8149 Titles in various disciplines of Engineering & Technology, Management. Various National and International journals are being subscribed for promoting self-study. Several technical journals and latest research work can be accessed over the INTERNET, which is an added facility. A spacious reading room and a reference section with extensive Reading Material, Newspapers, Magazines, General English, GRE, TOEFL, GMAT based texts are also provided. SBIT is a member of DELNET
|Library works from
||08 : 30 am to 06 : 00 pm
||10 : 00 am to 04 : 00 pm
||08 : 30 am to 06 : 00 pm
As on 31october 2019:
| Text Books
|Total No. of Books
|Total No. of Titles||8149
| CD-ROMs ||3688
| Project Reports||2000+
| International Journals & E-Journals*
| Journals & Magazines ||111+
- Located in two buildings the Main Block and the Aryabhatta Block- with a total area of 4000 sqft. spread over two floors
- Both the libraries accommodate Circulation Books, Book Bank Books, Newspapers and previous Volumes of the Periodicals
- Both the libraries possess Modern infrastructure with a reading capacity for 150 Users
- More than 3000 Online e-Journals through DELNET Consortia & 111 + Indian Journals & Magazines
- Fully automated Library House-Keeping operations by using e-cap Library Software.
- Concrete Technology & Highway Materials Laboratory
- Environmental Engineering Laboratory
OPAC provides the access to the SBIT Library database
- Online Public Access Catalogue (OPAC) allows the users to know the library collection and the status of the Library document
- OPAC allows the users to search the database by Title, Author, Call Number, Accession Number of the document/book
- User can access SBIT OPAC from any computer connected to the SBIT- LAN
Facilities & Services
Borrowing Books/ Periodicals:
Books in lending section are available for home reading for the period of 14 days (for students). Similarly, the old issues of hard -bound back volumes of periodicals are available for borrowing.
Borrowers are responsible for every book taken by them and are expected to pay for the book damaged, torn, defaced or lost.
Reference books like encyclopedia, theses and dissertations etc., meant for consultation within the library, are not permitted for lending for outside use.
Reading /Reference Facilities & Services:
Subject and general Dictionaries and encyclopedias, Journals (National and International), Handbooks, GRE, TOEFL, GMAT, Industrial Directories, Training kits/manuals, Data books, Govt. of India Publications, Census reports, and Year books are available in the library for ready reference
Databases accessible on Local Area Network (Intranet)
DELNET e-journals (PDF). The online journals accessible are 1) IESTC (Engineering & Technology)
The library has over 3000 CDs on Engineering, Management and periodicals related to subjects. The CD collection includes subject CDs, CDs accompanied with books and journals.
A partner program of SBIT-Tidal Data, USA is designed & a digital library with more than 30 systems connected with internet is set up.
Inter Library Loan (ILL):
The Library is a member of DELNET (Developing Library Network), New Delhi and IEEE (Annual members - HOD’S).
Newspapers: Library is subscribing to 11 general newspapers