- SBIT’s intake grew from 180 to 840. This amounts to about 500% growth rate in just 15 years span.
- Accredited by NAAC with B+ Grade
- SBIT has been recognized under section 2(f) 12(B) of the UGC Act 1956
- SBIT has been assessed and found to be in accordance with the requirements of quality standards ISO 9001 – 2015 for all the courses being offered
- SBIT received Star status under TASK, Telangana
- The XX Congress of Andhra Pradesh Society for Mathematical Sciences (APSMS) & A National Conference on Mathematical Modeling & Simulation that has been organized by the Department of Humanities & Sciences, Swarna Bharathi Institute of Science and Technology (SBIT) from 9th-11th Dec 2011 provided a brilliant opportunity to the faculty from Mathematics, Engineering & Allied fields to interact with experts in their fields, share valuable, new concepts and also present their innovative ideas.
Outstanding Academic Performance of our Students:
Generally, the results of our B.Tech students at the University examinations are impressive with over 85% on an average. Ms. Tunuguntla Nagavalli (2007-09) & Ms. Nasreen Sulthana (2008-10) received Shashi Gupta’s Varshshney Gold Medal for standing first in MBA Examinations conducted by JNTUH among all 283 affiliated Engineering and Mr. K.S.S.V. Keshav, (EEE) B. Tech. stood first in JNTUH by scoring 91.23% among all the students of 300 affiliated Engineering Colleges of JNTUH in the academic year 2009-10.
The students of SBIT came out with flying colors and brought glory to the college through project works like the SBIT Mini-Car, an innovation by the Mechanical Engineering students, a sensation that stole the limelight where the students designed a model that runs a four wheeler with a Single Cylinder Four Stroke Petrol Engine.
The ECE students have executed a project on College Radio, Elite @ SBIT, a FM Radio transmitter which can transmit 102.75 MHz radio signal over 2kM range are striking examples. The ECE students have done a Satellite receiver project through which all the fee educational channels can be received. Also designed audio video transmitter called AV MAST.
Research contributions of our EEE students and faculty members in realizing their innovative project Modeling of HVDC transmission system etc. acclaimed in academic circles, Print and electronic media.
A microcosm of SBIT designed by Civil students and Faculty stands as an attraction in the entrance of the main block. These are just a few to name of several projects undertaken by our students. This year students have come up with some interesting Interdisciplinary projects.
Distinctive and exemplary features of SBIT:
- All the faculty are ratified by the affiliating university (JNTUH)
- Every year SBIT organizes Faculty Development Programmes (FDP) for its Faculty
- Retention success, Welfare measures, Institutional Quality Improvement programs
- Faculty is being deputed to various training programmes offered by University, NIT and other colleges and industries
- Excellent Placement Record with record number of placements.
- Digital library through SONET and NPTEL and access to IEEE journals is provided.
- Cloud & Mobile computing center for excellence to train the students industry ready.
- Games & Sports and other extra-curricular activities are given priority for the over-all personality development of the students.
- Yoga, Meditation camps, free health camps are a regular phenomena.