The Department of Mechanical Engineering established in the year 2003 offers four year Under Graduate program in Mechanical Engineering. The faculty of the department practice innovative methods in the Teaching-Learning-Process (T-L-P) that leads to effective implementation of Outcomes-Based-Education (OBE). The strength of the department is the Human Resource: Dedicated faculty, necessary technical staff and enthusiastic students. The curriculum takes the student through effective usage of Modern Engineering Tools like: combines engineering physics and mathematics principles with materials science to design, analyze, manufacture, and maintain mechanical systems. And also deals with design and production of tools, machines and all other mechanical equipment to be used in industries. Mechanical engineering Department offers specializations in areas like thermal engineering, design, and production engineering tools. The department has strong interactions with relevant industries, and their contribution is reflected in through guidance in curriculum design, organization of industrial visits, conduction of expert lectures, organization of workshops, and joint Research
All faculties actively pursue research in core-domain and in the domain of Engineering Education. Research carried out in the department has resulted in total of 264 publications, 164 International Conference publications, 32 National Conference publications). The In-House Real Time Projects carried out by the students in the department under the guidance of Eminent Senior Professors
the department prepares the graduating engineers so that they are able to pursue a successful professional career. The quality of the graduating students is reflected in good on-campus/off-campus recruitments. A significant number of our graduates pursue higher education in Engineering/ Management in prestigious Universities in India and outside India.
- To elevate the department as a Standardized Horizon for learning the tools of mechanical engineering by ascertaining the facts and needs of the current industry.
- To focus on the abilities and caliber levels of students giving the required leverage in the subject of mechanical engineering.
- o prepare graduates with a comprehensive knowledge and experience in Mechanical Engineering education to become creative, inquisitive and innovative professionals in global environment.
- To make our graduates experts in practical problem solving with improved skills.
- To facilitate the students to work on problems having industrial bearing and emerging technologies.