About Humanities and Sciences (H&S)
The Department of Humanities and Sciences (H&S) is one of the earliest departments at SBIT established in the year 2003. The department of Humanities and Sciences (H&S) is constituted by expert faculty in Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and English.
The Department of Humanities and Sciences (H&S) have great responsibility to lay strong foundation for engineering students at B.tech I-Year level to attain excellence in core competencies with high level of motivation, technically competent, and morally strong to face and survive the global challenges.
Coupled with its multi-disciplinary background, the Department boasts of a highly diverse and experienced faculty. It has an excellent student-teacher ratio, providing opportunities for academically intense learning.
Equipped with state of the art facilities in a serene campus, the department offers an enriching academic environment. The Vision of the department is to become a lighthouse of excellence in the field of Basic Engineering Courses at B.Tech first year level that helps produce innovative, skillful and gifted engineers, who can excel both in research and corporate life.
The Department offers Engineering Mathematics, Engineering Physics, Engineering Chemistry and English for U.G students of all B.Tech Programs at first year level. In addition to the above courses, we are offering "Advanced English Communication Skills" and "Mathematics" for various engineering branches at B.Tech II and III year level..
Most of our faculty has multidisciplinary background in research, covering Basic Science to Technology applications. Some of the faculty secured Ph.D. while in service at SBIT and few of the faculty are pursuing Ph.D
The faculty are enthusiastic to enhance their academic knowledge and are encouraged to project their professional knowledge and experience and presenting their research papers in National and International conferences.
This department conducts a unique orientation program “Improving learning capabilities and personality development” every year for the benefit of fresh students.
The department takes the responsibility of Mentoring of first year students.
Department has organized a international conference in Mathematics.
To establish a center for excellence in basic sciences such as mathematics, physics, chemistry that provide a foundation for engineering studies and also communication skills essential for helping students express themselves effectively and creating proficient engineers who can be globally challenged.
Our vision is to gradually progress by dint of perseverance into becoming a center of excellence in basic science by way of providing creative as well as innovative methodological practices in teaching-learning activities paving way for sound understanding of knowledge of fundamentals of basic science which helps students to have a better comprehension of engineering and technology.
Keeping the core objectives of creating academic excellence in fundamental sciences in mind, the department of science and humanities aims at encouraging advanced teaching learning process and quality research at individual, department and institutional level. It also persistently strives to build quality based knowledge and human resource capacity.
To offer academic programmes every time and again in the emerging areas of engineering and technology and to provide training and research facilities and also to promote student and faculty and research in collaboration with industry and government for sustainable growth.
- NAAC Accredited
- The H&S department has been assessed and found to be in accordance with the requirements of quality standards ISO 9001 - 2008 for all the courses being offered.
- It is Accredited by lAO, USA (International Accreditation Organization).
- 100% faculty of the H&S dept., are ratified by the affiliating university (JNTUH).
- Gold medals and Cash awards are given for the toppers in each class every year.
- Library with a compilation of 31,000 Volumes of books, 3,000 Titles & more than 3,000 reference books is available.
- Digital library through NPTEL,SONET and Video Lectures.
- Technical workshops & seminars are being conducted regularly to give extra inputs to the students.
- The department organizes 15days of INDUCTION Programme at the beginning of every academic year to improve the personal skills of the students.
- Faculty is being deputed to various training programmes offered by University, NIT and other Universities/colleges and industries.
- Commendable performance - career outputs of students in terms of distinctions and First Classes is a regular phenomenon.
- The Department Organizes remedial classes to academically weak students/socially deprived and sub creamy layer to make them better employable.
- The Department regularly organizes workshops, invites Scientists and Engineers from Industry and Academia - target audience are UG students and faculty.
The Department of H&S is sprawling over a vast expanse in the second floor of Main Block with well assorted classrooms, seminar hall with LCD, OHP and latest audio-visual facilities. The Department has four state of the art laboratories – Physics, Chemistry, English Language and Communication Skills Lab (I B.Tech) and Advanced English Communication Skills Lab (III B.Tech). the language lab simulates the interview, GD, Role Play etc.
The total strength of the Faculty members are as per the AICTE and University requirements, which includes well-qualified and experienced Professors, Assoc. Professors & Asst., Professors. Besides the regular faculty members, we often invite senior professors from reputed institutions like JNTUH Campus / NIT-WRL / Osmania University Campus etc.,