Department of Electrical & Electronics Engineering was established in the year 2003 with an intake of 60 and In addition, the Department is offering a PG programme in Power Electronics specialization with an intake of 18 and Diploma in Electrical & Electronics Engineering with an intake of 60 and an increase in intake (18 to 24) in existing PG programme from 2012-2013 onwards. The Department is planning to add few more P.G. programmers in the years to come.
The Department has an outstanding academic performance by Mr. K.S.S.V. Keshav of 2008-12 batch stood First among 310 engineering colleges of Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University, Hyderabad (JNTUH) with 90.86%. Department has been instrumental in organizing workshops, symposia, seminars at regular intervals. Experts from industry and institutions of repute like Power Grid, BHEL, NIT, JNTU, OU, etc. have been invited to the department.
Department has been successful in realizing the vision & mission of the institution and going a head to achieve the targets in terms of research & development. We are proud to say that the department has highest number of international publications by both faculty and students. The faculty is fully utilizing the facilities available within the department by motivating the students of both post-graduate and under-graduate level towards research. The major areas of research include energy efficiency, effective utilization of Non Conventional Energy sources, modern power electronic drives and to improve power system reliability. The student research projects in the areas of drives and power transmission have been communicated to the International Journals of repute. Nearly 300 students of our Department placed in MNC’s across the length & breadth of our Country.
Department has all the infrastructural facilities and faculty as per the requirements. Experienced faculty in both teaching and research is the special feature of the department. The Department Headed by the Dr. T. Charan Singh having 15 years of experience.
The department is spread over the ground floor of Aryabhatta Block with a 25,000 sqft built - up area. We have 10 Laboratories, 1 Laboratory exclusively for M. Tech programme.
- To develop the Departments of the institute into full-fledged centers of learning in various fields of Engineering and Management through innovative pedagogical approaches by incorporating cutting-edge technologies, thus making the institution, unique of its kind.
- To foster conscience, proficiency and competency among the students in pursuit of knowledge and achieving excellence in all disciplines of Engineering and Management.
- To develop a sense of dignity and commitment among the students in order to attain complete personality and intellectual growth coupled with confidence building.
- To disseminate holistic education among the students of the Departments through scholarly mentoring and integrated pedagogy for individual and professional excellence.
- To continuously improve teaching and learning processes for making a successful career either in industry or in higher education either in India or abroad.
- To diligently train the students to contribute to the technological growth of the nation through learning, research & innovative skills with a commitment to address the societal needs and to be globally employable professionals.