Department of Electrical & Electronics Engineering was established in the year 2003 with an intake of 60 and In addition, the Department is offering a PG programme in Power Electronics specialization with an intake of 24 and Diploma in Electrical & Electronics Engineering with an intake of 60.Department has all the infrastructural facilities and faculty as per the requirements. Experienced faculty in both teaching and research is the special feature of the department.
The department is spread over the ground floor of Aryabhatta Block with a 25,000 sqft built - up area. We have 10 Laboratories, 2 Laboratory exclusively for M. Tech programme.The Electric Machines Laboratory is the Department’s main facility for instruction in the operation, testing, and control of electric machinery and electric power equipment. The Laboratory aims to equip students with knowledge and skills in electric power technology that can be applied directly in industry.
The department has five more laboratories to ensure that the students of EEE gain enough practical knowledge of the industry requirements.
The labs include:
- Networks Laboratory
- Control Systems Laboratory
- Power electronics Laboratory
- Power converter laboratory
- Electrical Measurements Laboratory
- Electrical circuit simulation Laboratory
In addition, various electrical switchgear, transformers, dynamometers, analog and digital meters, load banks (resistive, inductive, and capacitive), and other equipment are also available for experiments in electrical engineering. Laboratory experiments in industrial controls make use of programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs) and a variety of control relays, contactors, timers and Students are exposed to Mat Lab and P-Spice, Pscad Lab environment as per the current industrial requirements.
The Department has an outstanding academic performance byMr. K.S.S.V. Keshav of 2008-12 (University Gold medal) batch stood First among 310 engineering colleges of Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University, Hyderabad (JNTUH) with 90.86%.
The objectives of the Department are:
- To provide students with core competence in mathematics, scientific and basic engineering fundamentals necessary to solve electrical and electronics engineering problems to excel in professional career and/or also to pursue advanced study or research.
- To train students with good breadth of knowledge in core areas of electrical and electronics engineering department and related engineering so as to comprehend engineering tradeoffs, analyze, design and synthesis data and technical concepts to create novel products and solution for real life problems.
- To inculcate students to maintain high professionalism and ethical attitudes, effective communication skills, to work as part of teams on multidisciplinary projects and diverse professional environments, relate engineering issues to the society, global economy and to emerging technologies.
- To provide student with environment awareness of the lifelong learning needed for a successful professional career and to introduce them to written ethical codes and guidelines, performance excellence, leadership and demonstrate good citizenship.
Salient Features of the Department:
- The EEE department has been assessed and found to be in accordance with the requirements of quality standards ISO 9001 “ 2008 for all the courses being offered
- It is Accredited by IAO, USA (International Accreditation Organization).
- Faculty members of EEE department are involved in research in addition to teaching. The areas of research include Power system Optimization, Power System Security, Voltage Stability, Power Quality, Power System Operation and Control, Power System Planning, Load Forecasting, Power Electronics application, Neural networks and Evolutionary Computation techniques.
- Faculty members have published more than 100 research papers in National and International Journals and conferences.
- More than 75% faculty of the EEE dept., are ratified by the affiliating university (JNTUH).
- Launching of SUBSTATION PROJECT in “Power Systems Automation & H.V.D.C Transmission” in the year 2009.
- The EEE Department had organized several national and international conferences / seminar / workshop / short term etc…
- The various courses are organized for development of employability skill-Matlab, Embedded processor, and Pscad by University, NIT and other colleges and industries.
- Students are given exposure to current trends including Micro controller design, neural networks, Power system etc through seminars, and guest lectures by the field experts.
- The faculty takes keen interest to provide the necessary counseling, coaching and guidance to the students to shape their carrier aspiration through competitive like GATE, CAT and GRE.
- The Department NSS regularly conduct extension activities like Blood donation camp etc...
- Produced a number of University Rank holders , Gold medals and Cash awards are won by the toppers in each class every year.
- Regular Alumni interaction curriculum development.
- Students placement in public and private sector companies.
- Digital library through NPTEL and access to IEEE journals is provided.
- Effective faculty advisory system.
T. Charan Singh he obtained his B.Tech in Electrical and Electronics Engineering from JNTU, Hyderabad in 2001. He obtained M.Tech in Energy Systems in 2006 from JNTU college engineering Hyderabad and pursuing Ph.D at JNTU, Hyderabad. He has teaching experience of 14 years and guided more than 29 UG projects and 14 PG projects. He has 14 International Journal publications to his credit. And his areas of interest include 6-Phase Transmission System, Power Systems stability, FACTS and Smart Grid.
- To develop the Departments of the institute into full-fledged centers of learning in various fields of Engineering and Management through innovative pedagogical approaches by incorporating cutting-edge technologies, thus making the institution, unique of its kind.
- To foster conscience, proficiency and competency among the students in pursuit of knowledge and achieving excellence in all disciplines of Engineering and Management.
- To develop a sense of dignity and commitment among the students in order to attain complete personality and intellectual growth coupled with confidence building
- To disseminate holistic education among the students of the Departments through scholarly mentoring and integrated pedagogy for individual and professional excellence.
- To continuously improve teaching and learning processes for making a successful career either in industry or in higher education either in India or abroad.
- To diligently train the students to contribute to the technological growth of the nation through learning, research & innovative skills with a commitment to address the societal needs and to be globally employable professionals.