Year of Establishment:
The Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering(ECE) was established in the year 2003 with an intake of 60.With the approval of AICTE & JNTU the intake was increased from 60 to 120 in the academic year 2006-07 and from 120 to 180 in the academic year 2014-15. The Post Graduation courses: M.Tech, in Embedded Systems was introduced in the academic year 2008-09 and M.Tech, in DIGITAL ELECTRONICS AND COMMUNICATION SYSTEMS was introduced in the academic year 2009-10.
The main objectives of the Department are:
- To produce graduates that are prepared for successful career in the areas associated with Electronics, Designing of Electronic and Communication Systems, and Microprocessors & Microcontroller based system designing;
- To enable the students to apply their acquired knowledge in basic sciences & mathematics in solving Electronics & Communication Engineering problems;
- To produce graduates that understand the overall human context in which electronics and Communication Technology activities take place;
- To develop the basic skills needed to perform and design experimental Projects. Programme develops the ability to formulate problems and projects and to plan a process for solution taking advantage of diverse technical knowledge and skills;
- To produce graduates who advance their careers and continue their professional development with effective communication skills, economic, environmental and social context;
- To develop the ability to organize and present information and to write and speak effective English;
- To provide sufficient breadth and depth for successful subsequent graduate study, post graduate study or lifelong learning programmes;
- To produce graduates that are lifelong learners who have commitment to service within the society;
- The ECE department has been assessed and found to be in accordance with the requirements of quality standards ISO 9001 – 2008 for all the courses being offered.
- It is Accredited by IAO, USA (International Accreditation Organization).
- Gold medals and Cash awards are given for the toppers in each class every year.
- Library with a compilation of 31,000 Volumes of books, 3,000 Titles & more than 3,000 reference books is available.
- Digital library through NPTEL and access to IEEE journals is provided.
- Technical workshops & seminars are being conducted regularly to give extra inputs to the students.
- Organizing a National level technical symposium is a regular feature.
- Faculty is being deputed to various training programmes offered by University, NIT and other colleges and industries.
- Commendable performance – career outputs of students in terms of distinctions and First Classes is a regular phenomenon.
- More than 75% faculty of the ECE dept., are ratified by the affiliating university (JNTUH).
- The Department Organizes remedial classes to academically weak students/socially deprived and sub creamy layer to make them better employable.
- Excellent placement record of ECE students in MNCs.
- The Department regularly organizes workshops, invites Scientists and Engineers from Industry and Academia, target audience are PG & UG Students and Faculty.
The Department of ECE is sprawling over a vast expanse of 2400 sq.m in the first floor of Aryabhatta Block with excellent state-of-the-art Laboratory facilities, well-assorted classrooms, seminar hall with LCD, OHP and latest audio-visual facilities.
The total strength of the Faculty members are as per the AICTE and University requirements, which includes well-qualified and experienced Professors, Assoc. Professors & Asst., Professors. Besides the regular faculty members, we often invite senior professors from reputed institutions like JNTUH Campus / NIT-WRL / Osmania University Campus etc.,
- Generally, the results of our B.Tech.,ECE outgoing Students at the University examinations are impressive with over 80% -90% on an average.
- The Department is having a record of highest placements in SBIT among all the outgoing batches.
- Most of our students have got admissions at the Universities Abroad for MS programme.
- Our students have achieved First Position in various activities in the National level Technical Paper Presentation/Symposium/Conferences conducted by the various Universities/Institutions/Organizations.
- Mr. D.NARENDRA of B.Tech 2003-07 batch received GOLD MEDAL for being overall topper in the college (SBIT) during the year April / May 2007
- Ms. POTLA KRISHNAVENI of B.Tech 2004-08 batch received GOLD MEDAL for being overall topper in the college (SBIT) during the year April / May 2008.
- Ms. TALLURI ANUSHA of B.Tech 2005-09 batch received GOLD MEDAL for being overall topper in the college (SBIT) during the year April / May 2009.
- Ms. GANTELA UDAYASRI of B.Tech 2006-10 batch received GOLD MEDAL for being overall topper in the college (SBIT) during the year April / May 2010.
- Ms. RANGA SRAVANTHI of B.Tech 2007-11 batch received GOLD MEDAL for being overall topper in the college (SBIT) during the year April / May 2011.
- Ms. JOYTULA SWATHI of B.Tech 2008-12 batch received GOLD MEDAL for being overall topper in the college (SBIT) during the year April / May 2012.
R & D Activities:
- The faculty members of ECE department have published 8 research papers in the academic year 2012-13 in various reputed National and international journals: IEEE – ICAESM 2012, IJECT, NCEITCS, ICIECE and ICECE.
- The ECE students have executed a project on College Radio, Elite@SBIT, a FM Radio transmitter which can transmit at 102.75 MHz radio signal over 2kM range.
- The ECE students have executed a project on Wireless Video conference within the range of 1Km areal distance.
- The ECE students have executed a project on Voice operated ROBO CHAIR.
- The ECE P.G. students have developed a project on Automated “METRO TRAIN” with automatic-signaling system using track sensors.
- The ECE students have developed an RF Metal-Detector with LF.
List of the Reputed Companies in which our students are placed:
- WIPRO TECHNOLOGIES
- COGNIZANT TECHNOLOGIES
- NINE TECHNOLOGIES
- TATA ELXSI
- SYNTEL TECHNOLOGIES