SBIT’s Computer Science and Engineering department was established in the year 2003, with an annual intake of 60, present intake is at B.Tech 120, M.Tech (CS)24 and M.Tech(CSE)24.
- To develop the department into a full-fledged center of learning in the area of Computer Science and Information Technology through continuous improvement in teaching and learning process.
- To foster conscience, proficiency and competency among the students in pursuit of excellence in the field of Computer Science & Engineering.
- To make the student acquire knowledge, ability and skill in the fields of Databases,Network Security,JAVA, Web-Technologies, and other computer engineering areas, to have a successful career either in industry or in higher education.
Program Educational Objectives (PEOs):
Computer Science & Engineering program objectives can be broadly defined on three categories as below.
PEO-1:Preparation: The graduates will use the concrete foundation of basic sciences, mathematics and Computer Science to fit into any industry or pursue higher studies.
PEO-2:Core competence: The graduates will be able to apply their acquired skills for designing and implementation of technology in the field of Computer Science.
PEO-3:Professionalism: The graduates will advance in their careers and continue their professional development with effective communication skills and team work.
Program Outcomes (POs):
- The student will demonstrate an ability to communicate effectively in all forms.
- The student will demonstrate an ability to work in teams to accomplish common Goal.
- The student will demonstrate basic theoretical concepts.
- The student will demonstrate an ability to use tools, which are frequently used in the Industry.
- The student will demonstrate an ability to apply mathematics in various computing and data processing applications.
- The student will develop applications from inception to implementation.
- The student will demonstrate an ability to analyze and develop real life applications in different domains.
- The student will develop confidence in self-learning and lifelong learning.
- The student will demonstrate an ability to achieve campus placement.
- The student will demonstrate an ability to move to higher studies either in India or abroad.
- The student will demonstrate Knowledge of professional and ethical responsibilities.
Program Specific Outcomes (PSOs)
At the end of the program, the student: A graduate of the Computer Science and Engineering Program will demonstrate:
PSO1:Professional Skills: The ability to understand, analyze and develop computer programs in the areas related to algorithms, system software, multimedia, web design, big data analytics, and networking for efficient design of computer-based systems of varying complexity.
PSO2:Problem-Solving Skills: The ability to apply standard practices and strategies in software project development using open-ended programming environments to deliver a quality product for business success.
PSO3:Successful Career and Entrepreneurship: The ability to employ modern computer languages, environments, and platforms in creating innovative career paths to be an entrepreneur, and a zest for higher studies.