The Department of Civil Engineering established in the year 2012 offers four year Under Graduate program in Civil Engineering and three year Diploma Program. The faculty of the department practice innovative methods in the Teaching-Learning-Process (T-L-P) that leads to effective implementation of Outcomes-Based-Education (OBE). The strength of the department is the Human Resource: Dedicated faculty, necessary technical staff and enthusiastic students. The department has strong interactions with relevant industries, and their contribution is reflected in through guidance in curriculum design, organization of industrial visits, conduction of expert lectures, organization of workshops, and joint Research
The department prepares the graduating engineers so that they are able to pursue a successful professional career. The quality of the graduating students is reflected in good on-campus/off-campus recruitments. A significant number of our graduates pursue higher education in Engineering/ Management in prestigious Universities in India and outside India.
The Civil Engineering Department will excel in undergraduate and graduate instruction, in research in all sub-areas of civil engineering, and in service to the public consistent with the land-grant mission of the university. The Department will make significant contributions to the economic development of the state, region and nation.
The mission of the Department of Civil Engineering is to provide quality education to prepare nationally competitive undergraduate students for a successful career in civil engineering; to provide advanced skills and knowledge in state-of-the-art research and design in sub-areas of civil and engineering for graduate students; and to provide service to the university, engineering profession, and the public
Program Education Outcome’s
PEO 1: Preparation
The graduates will use the concrete foundation of basic science, mathematics and civil engineering to fit into any industry or pursue higher studies.
PEO 2: Core Competency
The graduates will be able to apply their acquired skills for designing and implementation of technology in the field of civil engineering
PEO 3: Professionalism
The graduates will advise in their careers and continue their professional development with defective communication skills and team work.
- An ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science, and engineering fundamentals appropriate to the discipline.
- An ability to analyze an engineering problem, and identify and formulate the civil engineering requirements appropriate to its solution.
- An ability to design, implement, and evaluate an engineering system, component or process to meet desired needs with appropriate consideration for economic, analysis, sustainability, environmental, health and safety considerations.
- An ability to design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret data.
- An ability to use current techniques, skills, and modern technology necessary for civil engineering practice.
- An ability to analyze the local and global impact of engineering solutions on individuals, organizations, and society.
- Knowledge of contemporary issues.
- An understanding of professional, ethical and social issues and responsibilities
- An ability to function effectively individually and on teams, including diverse and multidisciplinary, to accomplish a common goal.
- An ability to communicate effectively with a range of audiences.
- Recognition of the need for and an ability to engage in continuing professional development.
Program Specific Out Come’s
- The Graduates of this program with proficiency in Mathematics and physical science will excel in the core area of civil Engineering such as structural, environmental & water resource engineering.
- The graduates will plan, produce detailed drawings, write specification, and prepare cost estimates.
- The graduates will interact with stakeholders effectively and execute quality construction work applying necessary tools