Anti - Ragging Policy @ SBIT
Ragging consists of one or more of the following acts:
- Any conduct by any student or students whether by words spoken, written or by an act which has the effect of teasing, treating, and handling, with rudeness a fresher or any other student.
- Indulging in indiscipline activities by any student or students which causes annoyance, hardship, physical, psychological harm, or to raise fear, apprehension thereof in any fresher or any other student.
- Asking any student to do any act which such student will not in the ordinary course do and which has the effect of causing or generating a sense of shame, or torment or embarrassment so as to adversely affect the physique or psyche of such fresher or any other student.
- Any act by a senior student that prevents, disrupts or disturbs the regular academic activity of any other student or a fresher.
- Exploiting the services of a fresher or any other student for completing the academic tasks assigned to an individual or a group of students.
- Any act of financial extortion or forceful expenditure burden put on a fresher or any other student by the students.
- Any act of physical abuse including all variants of it: sexual assaults, stripping, forcing obscene and lewd acts, gestures, causing bodily harm or any other danger to health or person.
- Any act or abuse by spoken words, emails, post, public insults which would also include deriving perverted pleasure, vicarious or sadistic thrill from actively or passively participating in the discomfiture to fresher or any other student.
- Any act that affects the mental health and self-confidence of a fresher or any other student with or without an intent to derive a sadistic pleasure or showing off power, authority or superiority by a student over any fresher or any other student.
Administrative action in the event of ragging
The institution shall punish a student even found guilty of ragging herein under:
- Suspension from attending classes and academic privileges.
- Withholding/withdrawing scholarship/fellowship and other benefits.
- Debarring from appearing in any test/examination or other evaluation process.
- Withholding results
- Debarring from representing the institution in any regional, national or International meet, tournament, youth festival, etc.
- Cancellation of admission.
- Rustication from the institution for a period ranging from one to four years/complete course.
- Expulsion from the institution and consequent debarring from admission to any other institution for a specified period.
Along with the above said punishments the student / students involving in ragging will be handed over to police without any further enquiry.